Thursday, August 30, 2007

What I have learnt Yesterday at C-Lal Bus Stop , Okhla

After the office hours, I went to my bus stop at C-Lal chowk near Okhla Phase -II , Delhi to catch my bus to reach my home. Every bus was crowded so I have decided to sit at my bus stand. When I was going to sit at bus stop stool, my foot was crossed with a tree which was planted near the bus stop bench. One old sardaar was sitting in the bench and He was watering the plant. When i was asked him " why he was doing this?"
He replied," Look, This tree is planted under the shed and no drops of water is reaching to this plant. Due to lack of water , it can be dried soon. I am just watering it to keep it green." and when he poured all the water to the plant's root and he stood up and went to bring some more water from the water seller vendor and paid some money to him and instructed him to give the water to the plant after every alternative day and he will pay the price for it.
I really touched. when I enquired him then he told me that he is a government employee and plantation is his hobby and he has planted many trees in the park and other areas where ever he found some space. HE enjoyed to see them growing.
We are living in today because of some great known /unknown people who really make this world very beautiful.
Let us cherish and do something for humand kind.

No comments: